Thursday, July 10, 2008

If you plant them, they will grow!

Here is the story behind this particular plant. When we planted these petunias back in May I didn't have much hope for this individual plant. Corey watered it and fertilized it but it continued to shrink and look like it was about to crumple up. Every time Corey went through and fertilized the flowers he would still give it its share. I pretty much gave up on it. As the weeks went on I kept looking at it and would notice a bit of a change. Low and behold the other day I just about couldn't believe my eyes. I told Corey that it looked like it was going to get a flower on it. Not only did it get one flower it grew a total of three flowers. I could turn this into a lesson right now but I think you all get the picture.

Here is a view of my flower garden. Soon I will have some blue flowers growing from one of the plants nestled in this picture. It will definitely give it more pizazz.

We were finally excited to see our daylilies bloom. They are so beautiful. We will probably be able to enjoy them for a couple of weeks until they quit blossoming.


Last but not least here is our vegetable garden. Unfortunately, we had to pull our pea plants this past week so you don't see them in this picture. Right now you can see our Corn growing along with, pumpkins, zucchini, cucumbers, watermelon, tomatoes, green peppers, tomatillos, and another plant that we can't remember what we planted. I guess it will be a nice surprise. :)


8 comments:

Princess Hairstyles said...

I'm so jealous! Everything I plant eventually dies, or never gets the flowers/fruit it is made to produce. I really need you to give me a lesson in gardening.

Julie said...

Wow, who knew you had such a green thumb. I can't grow jack squat. I even kill green plants in my house.

Dan and Melissa said...

Wonderful and I like the story of the forgotten flower! We all need some nurturing some times and you never know what might happen... we love you guys and think you are wonderful! honestly... this move has been all the more wonderful because you're our neighbors!

Hannah Price said...

Your flowers are beautiful! It must be a talent - nothing of ours grows like that. Way to go! We are just hoping to see something of our garden - our potted plants on the porch already died :(

I am really impressed with your garden though.

George and Kimberlee said...

Hey Ruthy!!!

Great to hear from you!
I can't believe you a mother of 4 and dedicated loving wife have time to plant a garden..let alone keep it up! it looks beautiful..I'm quite envious!!!
The colors are fantastic!

Take Care.. I can't wait to keep spying on you!!!

Amy said...

Wow your gardens look beautiful. I wish I had just a little bit of your green thumb. All we got planted this year was tomatoes, and we planted them kind of late, so we know were we need to come for the good stuff.

I didn't know Whitney had a blog, I will try to call her or Glenda and let you know.

Jolynne said...

Would you mind planting flowers for me? I hate it, I have no desire what so ever.

Johnston Family said...

So pretty! I wish that I could grow stuff better, but I always just choose really, really low maintenace (spelling?)stuff for my yard. That is, when I actually have my own yard to grow stuff. :)