Thursday, June 19, 2008

All work and some Fun!

I really am quite upset that I didn't take pictures of all the hard work we did today. I spent most of the morning weeding. I was working hard trying to make the flower garden look beautiful. When Corey got home around 1:00 he went right to work on the "Honey Do List" that I had for him. We did a bit more weeding and then started on preparing the soil to place some more cement slabs down. We only did one more row because it takes forever to do. Especially in the hot sun. After running to haircuts, meetings, and a last minute choir performance, we were all back home again and Corey mowed the lawn. We are now watering it by hand. We can't turn on our sprinklers yet because we found a broken pipe that Corey will fix this weekend. Hopefully then we will be back to sprinklers. So you ask, Where is the Fun?

After much deliberation and some major research we gave in and bought a Banzai Slide. Due to the fact that we really never go anywhere and do anything we thought maybe this could bring some life into our boring family. We watched sales and saw it for a really good price at Target. So, with a small portion of our Stimulus check we invested in this absolutely fun slide. We put it up last Saturday and the kids had a blast. Corey and myself even went down the slide. It really is a lot of fun. We are shooting to put it up again this Saturday.


This is a picture of the kids doing their slave work. We made them help dry it off as their contribution. They didn't complain one bit.

You can see Braxton peeking through the tunnel in this cute picture.

Here is a better view of the slide and the kids with some of their friends having fun.

6 comments:

Canadian Ainu'u's said...

Ahhhh! You got it before I did! I have been researching this slide for a while and have only heard good comments about it. I am now debating between the slide or a trampoline? Can you convince me that this would be the better buy?

Princess Hairstyles said...

Oh my goodness! This looks so fun! I'm not letting my kids see this or they will want one. They already want one, but this would make it worse! Now, where's a pic of you and Corey on the slide? That's what I want to see.

joey said...

How fun! Please invite us over for a slide party! =)

Jolynne said...

Cory spent most of the morning pulling weeds too! I didnt help tho...opps! That slide looks like so much fun!

Heats said...

My girlfriend has one of those and my kids love it. I think it is worth the investment! How fun! Can we come over?

Benita said...

wow that looks amazing. i wish i had one of those when i was a kid. i think when i was little i had water twister and i thought i was having the time of my life. that was nothing compared to this. :)